A bail bond is an amount of money placed against a criminal charge. Pay this amount of money to the court and you can get out of jail to await the court date. Most people use Wayne County bail bonds to get out of jail when it’s an option. There are many reasons to use bail bonds, including the six reasons listed below.
1. Bondsmen are available to bail you out of jail 24-hours per day, 7-days per week. They’ll bond you out of jail no matter what the charge, if you’re given a bond amount.
2. Bondsman charge just 10% to 15% of the original court-ordered bond amount. There is also a small bondsman fee added to the amount.
3. You can use a bondsman service as often as it is needed, so long as a bondsman is there to make the bond.
4. Don’t have the money to pay the bond? Some bondsmen offer property bonds if you own anything of value, such as real estate or jewelry.
5. Signing a bail bond is an agreement that you’ll appear in court on the designated date and time. Failure to appear on this date results in a bench warrant being issued for your arrest.
6. Essentially, a bail bond is a loan that is made to you by the bonding company. The bonding agent receives the money back if you appear in court but do not if you fail to appear.
The more that you know about bail bonds, the easier it is to ensure you are free from the confinements of jail much faster than you imagined possible, without spending the same type of cash. Be sure to find a bonding agent to call if you are arrested and make sure to spend your days free and out of a jail cell!